So I’ve decided to try and train my ear to recognize different pitches.Â I’m not entirely certain why I’m doing this but mostly it is because I continue to live by the strange notion that I play music.
Training consists of the following:
- Record each note individually using my keyboard (5 octaves only) at about 3 second intervals.
- Record me singing the name of the note after each is played. Â
- Split the wav into individual tracks- each representing a single note.
- Convert split wavs into MP3.
- Dump into itunes
- Create playlist.
- Copy playlist to iPod.Â
- Shuffle Playlist.
- Listen to shuffled pitch files when walking around and at work.
The question now is “Will this work?”Â We shall see.