In this episode of Digital Citizen we wrap up the Governance Nuggets, David Totten reports on internet access to remote villages in Alaska, and we talk to Damien Pfister about blogging.
Music: The Digital Citizen by David Totten.
The Digital Citizen is a CC-derived and licensed composition. David’s thoughts on the music and on the Creative Commons can be found here.
E-Voting: Diebold v Democracy
- EFF Sues Diebold over North Carolina Election Certification
- Florida County Throws Out Diebold After Hack Test (blackboxvoting.org)
- Diebold CEO Steps Down (wired.com)
- Windows Media Audio File of Opening Comments (via BoingBoing)
- Wikipedia entry on the controversy
- NY Times Article
- Nature study reveals Wikipedia about as bad as traditional Encyclopedias
Thanks to Piotr for the links!
David Reports on Internet Access in Alaska
- USDA Rural Development–Alaska
- Alaska Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Unicom-Alaska: A Native-owned telecom that is wiring Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta villages
Damien Pfister talks about Blogs
Using del.icio.us and want to pitch in? Send any relevant bookmarks to for:digitalcitizen.